No, not the fun "10 Random Things About Myself" that I have seen as of late on various blogs. But rather "10 Random Things Which Are Taking Up My Time And Are The Reasons Why You Haven't Heard From Me In Like Forever".
1. I'm the worst blogger in the history of bloggers. No, really. It's okay. I know. And it feels good to say it out loud. No posts in the last 3 weeks. No "Moments of Happy" documented in the last almost 6 weeks. It's not that there hasn't been plenty to share. Sometimes it feels like there is too much to share. Sometimes I am just too involved in living life. And sometimes, when I only have a few minutes and I'm trying to decide if I should sit down and write a blog post or take a shower, honestly, I'd rather take the shower.
2. These are busy days. Like really busy. Building projects. Repairs. Homeschooling. Puppy training. Sewing. I'll share in more detail about all of the projects in the weeks to come. (Oh, I cannot wait until summer!)
3. I am a Puppy Mama. She's too cute! And growing! And ALL puppy. And when a family gets a puppy, usually it's the Mom of the family that REALLY gets the puppy. House training. Feeding. Grooming. Loss of sleep. Two walks a day plus playtime to tire her out. (A tired puppy is a happy puppy, right?) I feel like I just had a baby. Sort of.
4. I do not like Standardized Testing. DO.NOT. The homeschooling laws in Colorado require testing for children at the end of every odd-numbered grade level. Emma is finishing up the 3rd grade this year, so it's her turn. We didn't have to do this in Texas. Oh, I know...some would say that it's a good thing, but I'm not one of them. I feel like we've enjoyed a good school year this year, and now I am spending good quality time preparing Emma for a week of testing that she doesn't need. It is unfortunate that teachers have to spend class time teaching tests, when they could spend class time actually getting to teach the subjects and topics that they really love. It is no wonder that so many children don't enjoy learning. Okay. I'm stepping off of my soapbox now. End of rant.
5. Baby Girl got glasses. Cutie Pie! No more headaches. Lots more vivid details. So very glad for her. I thought for sure she would choose the pink frames, but when she saw pictures of herself in each pair, she liked the tortoise shell frames better. She said, "Like yours, Mom!" And that melted my heart.
6. Finally, a new knitting project. Effortless Cardigan. I have been way to busy with the puppy in the evenings to have time to knit, but things are starting to get a little easier. I needed something mindless and relaxing to work on at the end of the day. I'm in no hurry to finish it, although temps are still on the cool side here. No pressure. If it's finished by the fall, I'll be happy.
7. We made it through our first Colorado winter! And we still love it here! I learned firsthand that in the Rocky Mountains, Lady Spring (as Hessie Mayhew calls her in Jan Karon's Mitford Series) is a first-class tease. Snow one day. Sunshine and warmth the next. Outside in the flower beds and playing with puppy earlier this week. Sleet and snow on-and-off all morning long today. Once the snow started to melt, I was ready for the color green to take over. It almost has.
8. Yardwork. And lots of it. Overgrown sarvis berry bushes, flower beds full of weeds, tunnels of dirt left in the front yard courtesy of the voles living under the snow throughout the winter, and a family of chipmunks living under the front porch. Oh, and lots and lots of decaying apsen leaves to rake. Yes, we're busy.
9. 20 Projects. I only have two months left until my year is up. I'm going to be lucky if I can finish half of them!
10. I still read everyone else's blogs. I don't always comment, but I am still reading. I love being inspired by other blogger's projects and creativity and musings. And I so appreciate every single person who reads or visits or comments on this blog. It means a lot. I have met the sweetest people through this blog. I wonder sometimes what my blog is. A crafting blog? A sewing blog? A knitting blog? A Colorado blog? A house and home blog? A personal family blog? I don't know. Maybe all of the above? Whatever the purpose, thank you, thank you for always taking the time to read.